Our expert plumbing and heating engineers have worked in homes and businesses across Sussex, Surrey and Hampshire for many years.

During that time, customers have asked numerous questions relating to the heating and plumbing in their property. In this blog we look at some of the most regularly asked questions of plumbers and boiler engineers.

Do I need a new boiler?

If your boiler isn’t working the way that it should, it could be that you simply need boiler repair. This can be a much cheaper way to get your boiler up and running again, instead of investing hundreds of pounds in a new one. However, most boilers normally only live up to around 15 years, so if yours is particularly old or on its last legs, then boiler installation could be what you need.

There are many different types of boilers available on the market, including combi boilers, conventional and system boilers. In addition to gas boilers, there are electric boilers and oil boilers. The type of boiler that you need will depend on the age and size of your home or business and how many people occupy it. Speak to a boiler expert to discuss your options and find the right solution for you.

Do I need a boiler service?

It is recommended that you have a boiler service once a year. This will help to keep your boiler working in the most energy efficient, cost effective way and help to prolong its lifespan. In addition, any problems which are in the early stages can be identified and repaired, which will very likely mean less cost to you than if it is discovered further down the line and causes a boiler breakdown.

How do I know if I have a gas leak?

The most deadly type of gas leak is carbon monoxide leaking from a faulty boiler. What makes it all so deadly is that you can’t smell it or see it. For this reason it is referred to as the ‘silent killer’ and is the reason why it is important to have a working carbon monoxide detector installed in your home or business.

With other appliances, such as old cookers, which have sprung a gas leak, this will be noticeable by the smell of gas. If you detect either of these indicators of a gas leak, it is vital that you get in touch with a Gas Safe registered professional as soon as possible. Also, do not allow any naked flames in your home until the problem is sorted as this could cause an explosion.

Where do your heating and plumbing services cover?

Paine Manwaring’s team of Gas Safe registered, CHAS accredited, Trustmark and HCVA registered plumbers is dedicated to providing a full range of high quality plumbing, heating and electrical services to customers, domestic and commercial, across Worthing and Chichester and throughout Sussex, Surrey and Hampshire.

Do you provide emergency plumber call outs?

Plumbing emergencies can crop up on a wide range of occasions. From boiler breakdowns, to burst pipes and blocked toilets and drains, when you need plumbing services in a hurry, we are always on hand to help.

Our 24-hour, 365-day a year emergency callout service is there for customers across Sussex, Surrey and Hampshire when those instances which we can’t predict occur.

Just give us a call and a member of our expert team will be there to assist as soon as possible. Our plumbers are regularly out and about in the local area, so we may well be able to be with you sooner than you think.

Got a heating or plumbing emergency?

  • Please dial 01903 237522 and press option 1 for plumbing.

Get In Touch

Paine Manwaring is an established, professional and highly experienced supplier of electrical services to domestic and commercial customers throughout Sussex, Surrey and Hampshire.

For more information about the electrical services which we provide for both homes and businesses get in touch with a member of our expert and friendly team today on 01903 237522 or enquiries@painemanwaring.co.uk (Worthing) or 01243 784711 or info@painemanwaring.co.uk (Chichester).