Welcome to Thermal Surfaces.
We specialise in providing bespoke underfloor heating and cooling solutions for all types of buildings. Founded in December 2013 we have already successfully completed many projects in schools, community buildings, residential dwellings and commercial offices. Although the company only started in 2013 our staff have a combined 20 years’ experience in all aspects of providing bespoke underfloor heating and cooling solutions for all types of building projects, however small or large.
We can provide a complete service on any project from design stage right through to commissioning and integration with the building’s environmental controls and systems.
For every project we can provide:
- Assistance with design and technical issues.
- Advice on the zoning and suitable manifold locations for water-based systems.
- Proposed zone plans for water-based or electric systems, showing dimensions of manifolds and their locations together with the zones each manifold serves.
- A full design and installation service right through to testing, commissioning and putting the system in to operation.
- Advice on controlling and integrating the underfloor heating and cooling system with the other environmental systems in the building and their associated controls.
- Operation and maintenance manuals, including pressure test certificates, as installed record drawings, commissioning record sheets and data sheets of the equipment installed on the project.
To provide the best service for our customers, we would require:
- Details of your requirements.
- Floor plan drawings for the building-project, emailed to us in AutoCAD format at design stage.
- Details of the floor construction the underfloor heating is embedded in such as structural concrete, screed, sprung batten floors or timber joist/batten floors.
- Details of the floor finishes being applied over the underfloor heating system, for example carpet and underlay, tile, stone, timber, vinyl or laminate floor type.
- Room heat losses if available or a global output such as 80 watts/m2 to design the system to.
- Details of any other factors of the building that could have an impact on the performance of the underfloor heating or underfloor heating and cooling systems.
There are several proven piping systems for floor heating and cooling available. The systems we use were chosen on the basis of long experience in the industry combined with a fresh commercial approach unfettered by existing arrangements. They utilise good quality and fully certified materials and have been selected to facilitate installation whilst optimising long lasting performance.
In addition we offer Employers Liability, Public / Products Liability and Professional Indemnity Insurances.
For more information please email us on email@example.com or call 01903 237522